The behavior of women is as much of a mystery to men as that of men is to women. However, one thing is certain. The women love to be wooed. They want to be pursued. They want to be courted. They want men to try and win their affection. It’s a great psychological game that both men and women play. The winners enjoy it; the losers end up wondering what went wrong.
By: Cucan Pemo
To end up as winner men need to understand what women want. Here is a list of seven qualities that every woman expects to see in their men:
1. Well groomed
Do women pay attention to the way a man is dressed?
Do women want men to open doors for them?
Just as men like their women to be pretty, women like their men to be well groomed. They expect their men to be courteous, well behaved and well mannered. Among other things, they expect them to know the social graces. They also expect them to be well dressed, and in tune with the fashion of the day. Men who are loud or bawdy are unlikely to win the attention of sensitive women. The same applies to those men who don’t pay sufficient attention to the way they look.
2. Good listener
Should men do what women want?
Listen carefully to what a woman says
All women want their men to pay attention to what they are saying. Men may not agree with their thinking but they should not make the mistake of looking bored or causal. They must pay attention, even if they don’t intend to do what their women want. The very fact that their point of view was considered before a decision was taken is enough to make the women happy. It is the basis of a strong relationship.
3. Good in bed
What do women want in bed?
Do women like to be forced?
How can women be made happy?
Every woman wants her man to be good in bed. They want to be aroused, and to be sexually fulfilled. The relationship has to be equal in the bed. The man must make an honest effort to fulfill the sexual needs of his women He should, however, not take advantage of a relationship. But he should respect those days when the woman wants to stay off. Women don’t like to be pushed into sex unless they are in a mood to do so. They would much rather prefer being cajoled and cuddled instead of being rushed into sex.
4. Honest and sincere
Do women want to know everything about their men?
Should men tell everything to women?
Two qualities that women value in their men are honesty and sincerity. They don’t want their men to cheat on them or to hold back anything from them. They would like to be equal partners in both the joys and sorrows of their men. Very often men try to hold back their problems related to work or their finances. This is not a good policy. Women feel more wanted and involved when their men take them into confidence. Men should also not try to delude women into false notions. They must gently inform them of their problems without being blunt or cruel. No woman wants to be told that she is ugly, fat or dumb. But, at the same time, they would not like their men to lie to them about their looks.
5. Stable career
How important is financial stability?
Are women after successful men?
Women want stability in their lives. They don’t want to be in a situation where they are forced to scrounge for favors. They would like their men to take care of all basic necessities of life. They would therefore prefer men who are successful and well organized. However, this does not mean that they want to hook the rich and the well placed. This is a wrong notion. Money and success alone is not enough to satisfy a woman.
6. Love for surprises
Should men give lavish gifts to win the love of women?
Gifts that women cherish the most
No woman wants to be tied to home and children. She would like some excitement in her life. This is where men need to be imaginative and thoughtful. The surprises need not be big; they can be as simple as enjoying an evening at the theatre, followed by a dinner at her favorite restaurant or it can be driving down to a resort at the weekend. The joy is multiplied if these bonuses come unannounced.
7. Intelligent and witty
Are witty men more charming?
How does intelligence matter in a relationship?
Women like their men to charm them. They would like them to be intelligent and witty, who can liven up the evenings and make a room come alive. Men who are dull and boring or too obsessed with their own musings are unlikely to enchant women. Women like men who are willing to chat with them on their wavelength.
Romance – The 10 Biggest Misconceptions
Whether you’ve been in a relationship for 25 years or are just starting out, we all have our idea of what romance is. Romance is an essential element of every thriving and passionate relationship. Usually relationships start with romance but life has a tendency to interfere with the amount of romance in our lives. I have listed below what I believe to be the 10 biggest misconceptions that people have about Romance:
1. Romance and Sex are the Same Things: This could not be any further from the truth. Although romance can lead to sex, a person being romantic just for sex will be completely transparent and usually end up completely different than you imagined. Think of Romance as ‘Mental Foreplay’. Romance let’s your loved one know that not only did you just think about them but you made it something they will remember for a very long time.
2. Romance isn’t important in a relationship: Between our jobs, hobbies, and all the other things that life throws at us, our relationship with our partner tends to take a back seat to those things we perceive as more important in life. The reality is that the relationship with our partner is the glue that holds everything else in our life together. Adding Romance to your relationship will not only make it more exciting but also more enjoyable.
3. Being Romantic requires a lot of money: Romance isn’t about how much money you spend on your partner. It’s about trying to make some of their fantasies and dreams come true. Most of the time just opening the door for your partner or complementing them on the way they look will make them feel more loved than buying them an expensive gift.
4. Romance requires a great deal of time and effort: While some aspects of romance can require lots of time, romance is also about the little things that make a big difference in a relationship. A simple thing like leaving a note telling them how much you love and appreciate them on your partner’s pillow to find before bed radiates Romance and takes very little time and effort.
5. Only Women are Romantic: In most relationships, the woman is considered to be more romantic, however this does not have to be the case. Both men and women need to partake in the hunt for romance. The only difference between a romantic person and the unromantic person is the amount of time they devote to doing the little things for their partner and their relationship.
6. Flowers and candy always work: Although flowers and candy are a nice gesture, they are so commonplace. You can still give your partner flowers and candy but spice it up some. Try taking your partner to the place where you first met or kissed and present the flowers and candy to them there. Going that extra step and not stopping at ordinary makes all of the difference when it comes to Romance.
7. You’re either born a romantic or you’re not: The truth is, no one is born with a Romance Gene. Everyone can learn how to become more romantic either from a book, the way your friends or family treat each other, or some other resource. Romance is contagious, as time goes on you want to be more and more romantic towards your partner.
8. Saying ‘I Love You’ is enough: Everyone likes to hear ‘I Love You’ but when it comes to Romance, actions can say more than a thousand words ever will. Being truly romantic is about backing up the words with something your partner will remember. Try writing ‘I Love You’ on the top of the stick of butter with a toothpick before setting it on the table for dinner or
9. Romance takes a lot of preparation: The nice thing about Romance is that there is no exact formula – what one person finds extremely romantic may not be romantic at all to someone else. The key to being Romantic is find out what your partner finds Romantic. Don’t be afraid to ask them, your partner will be glad you did.
10. Being Romantic on Valentines Day and Sweetest Day is enough: Being romantic on the days you are supposed to be is expected. Being romantic all year round on the other hand is vital to the overall health of you relationship. Every successful relationship needs impulsiveness and spontaneity – it keeps things exciting.